Skills Development Programme
For information on skills opportunities and upcoming courses please sign up to our Skills Development Programme newsletter http://eepurl.com/1ZBIP
2016 Programmes, courses and workshops:
August & September
- Developing Smart Sustainability (Edinburgh) - 24rd, 24th August and 20th September. A 3 day programme to support learners to develop a business plan and feel more confident to meet the challenge of developing and supporting a sustainable museum. MGS
- Introduction to Fundraising (Edinburgh) - 8th September Resourcing Scotland's Heritage
- Social Impact Workshop (Edinburgh) - 14th September. A half day workshop to find out why it is important to capture the impact you make, to demonstrate the value your organisation brings to the community and how to secure income as a result. MGS and Social Investment Scotland
- Being a Board Member (Edinburgh) - 22nd September Arts & Business Scotland
- Top Retail Tips (Edinburgh) - 27th September. A 1 day session to help you identify your customer, plan your product, measure and monitor your retail numbers and give the customer a reason to buy. MGS
October & November
- Board Development (Edinburgh) - 5th October and 23rd November. A 2 day programme for staff with responsibility for reporting to their Board. Understand roles and responsibilities, explore how to work collaboratively and develop leadership styles. MGS
- Museum Messages (Edinburgh) - 6th October. This 1 day session will help you demonstrate the true impact of your work to decision makers by identifying champions, mobilising supporters, creating the right messages and methods to ensure success. MGS
- Introduction to Sponsorship (Edinburgh) - 12th October Arts & Business Scotland
- Telling it Like it Is: Effective Copywriting (Edinburgh) - 13th October Arts & Business Scotland
Please contact our Skills Development Manager for more information.
Investment Fund Surgeries
- Capital Fund & Recognition Fund Round 2 16th & 17th August 2016. 45 minute slots can be booked to discuss your projects with the Investment Manager. These sessions can be in person at MGS or over the phone.
Rates & Bookings
To check rates or to book online please see the Conferences and courses listing.
Skills Development Fund
MGS has also set up a Skills Development Fund to support museums to work in partnership to run collaborative training courses and skills development programmes in Scotland. The aim is to increase access to good quality, affordable and relevant skills development support for the museum sector and to strengthen knowledge sharing, partnership working and peer support. More information regarding the next round of funding will be available soon.