About the fund
This fund has been set up to support eligible museums make small equipment purchases (e.g. ICT, audio visual, environmental monitoring or collections care equipment).
You can apply for an award if your organisation runs an Accredited Museum in Scotland and has an annual unrestricted expenditure of less than £30,000.
Organisations can apply for £150 to £600 (up to 100% of total purchase costs). You must make your purchase and claim your award within three months of the award being made.
When to apply
This is a rolling fund to which applications can be accepted at any time. We will let you know our decision within six weeks of receiving your application.
Apply now via MGS online
You must be able to show that:
- the purchase is to buy equipment for museum work
- there is a reasonable need for the item to be bought
What we can’t fund
- Contract work – only incidental equipment installation costs can be covered
- Purchases that have already been made or which will be made before an award is offered
- Collection acquisitions
Conditions of award
Purchase Fund award recipients must:
- use the award for the approved purposes only
- let us know immediately if you find you won't be able to spend all or part of the award
- submit final claims within three months of project completion
- return any unused funds
Telephone: 0131 550 4115