Membership & Marketing Officer - Maternity Cover at The Museums Association
Working Hours: 30 hours a week over four days, Monday to Thursday
Salary: £42,342 per annum
Fixed-term: Maternity cover – up to 14 months
Hybrid working All staff are expected to work from our office in London at least twice per month (pro rata)
Closing date: 25th February at 11:5pm
About the role
The Museums Association is seeking a full-time (30 hours per week over four days, Monday to Thursday) Membership and Marketing Officer to manage all aspects of our membership and subscriptions and to develop and engage our membership for up to 14 months.
The role is the first point of contact with members and includes maintaining and updating the membership area of our CRM, dealing with member queries, and delivering systems and reports for membership. It also involves improving engagement, working with our member representatives and attending members’ meetings as well as working with colleagues on membership marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication, strong organisational skills, and a track record of delivering good customer service. They will be CRM and MS office literate and have the ability to analyse and report on membership data.
The Museums Association is a dynamic and campaigning membership organisation with a mission to inspire museums to change lives. We have a strong vision and values and a bold business plan. Joining us at this time would be an excellent opportunity to work for a vibrant and inclusive organisation and be part of a friendly and enthusiastic team.
Responsible for of all aspects of individual membership and subscriptions. Responsible
for developing and implementing various marketing promotions/campaigns.
- Administering and developing the membership function for individuals and
- Responding to all queries relating to individual membership.
- Managing and keeping up to date the individual membership on the CRM
- Working with the finance team to ensure the timely collection of payments.
- Ensuring timely issue of all notices, renewals, reminders and membership packs and materials for individual membership.
- Providing regular reports around individual membership and subscriptions data.
- Being the main contact between the MA and its membership representatives
including collating and disseminating information – individual membership lead
and being the lead contact for a particular region/nation.
- Facilitating membership engagement online and in person.
- Developing and implementing individual membership marketing campaigns
- Implementing marketing campaigns for Members’ meetings, Moving on Up and
Production and design
- Briefing and working with designers and external companies to create design
assets and ensure timely delivery of designs.
Events and meetings
- Assisting the events team to support admin around events when needed.
- Attending and promoting the MA at sector events and members’ meetings.
This list is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be changed from time to time.
Assessment Method Key
Application (A) – Criteria will be assessed at shortlisting; therefore, anything not in
your application can not be scored.
Interview (I) -Criteria will be assessed during an interview, should you be
Essential requirements Assessment method
• Experience of using a CRM, preferably Microsoft Dynamics – A/I
• Experience of using an emailing platform such as Microsoft Dynamics Marketing -A/I
• Managing relationships with external suppliers/contractors, particularly CRM Providers – A
• Experience of working in a busy customer services role – A/I
• Writing and proofing marketing copy – A/I
• Experience of using a content management system – A
• Creating and editing digital communications – A/I
Knowledge and understanding
• Good understanding of membership journeys – I
• Good understanding of using full marketing media mix – A/I
• Understanding of the mission, vision and values of the Museums Association – I
• Understanding of data protection issues – I
Skills and attributes
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload -A/I
• Excellent customer service skills – I
• Excellent copywriting and editing skills – I
• Excellent IT and technical skills and ability to use a content management system and CRM – A
• Enthusiastic, with good communication and interpersonal skills – I
• Excellent attention to detail – A/I
• Ability to use own initiative and to problem solve – I
• Ability to work with others and across multidisciplinary teams -I
• Willingness and ability to occasionally travel and stay overnight in the UK and overseas -A
Desirable requirements Assessment method
• Ability to explain complex issues and train others to use systems -I
• Knowledge of SmartDebit system – I
• Knowledge of WordPress – I
For full details of this role please download the application pack or visit the Museum Association website.
How to Apply
Please send your completed application form and equality and diversity monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading ‘Membership and Marketing Officer – Maternity Cover’.
Interviews will be held online on 11 March 2024.
Closing date 25th February at 11:5pm