Digital Marketing Modern Apprentice at Museums Galleries Scotland
Museums Galleries Scotland (MGS) is the National Development Body for the Scottish museums sector. We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic team player with a desire to learn and a passion for communications and marketing, to join our Marketing and Communications team and gain a Diploma in Digital Marketing at SCQF level 6.
MGS supports more than 400 museums and galleries, through strategic investment, advice, advocacy, and skills development. Collaboration, integrity, courageousness and a passion for museums shape our approach.
The Digital Marketing Modern Apprentice will support the implementation of MGS digital communications and marketing activity that will contribute to raising the profile of the work of the museums sector and of MGS.
With a general awareness of marketing and communications, you will bring digital skills and an interest in museums and the wider heritage and cultural sector. Strong communication skills are essential as well as attention to detail and a positive attitude. The ability to multi task and demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative constitutes a natural part of the job. We will give you the opportunity to get first-hand experience of generating and maintaining marketing campaigns across all forms of digital media whilst making a potentially huge difference to our organisation and museums sector.
This opportunity is open to anyone aged between 16-24 (or up to 29 if you are care experienced or have health barriers that restrict your opportunities for employment).
Preferred: Nat 4 in English or equivalent or equivalent experience
Work experience and skills
• A passion for communications / marketing
• Ability to demonstrate digital skills that would be relevant to a modern workplace environment
• Interest in museums and the wider heritage and cultural sector
• Strong communication skills including excellent written communication
• Attention to detail
• Desire to learn
• Self-motivated, conscientious, positive attitude and self confidence
• Organisational/administrative skills
• Experience of using Microsoft Office (or open source equivalents) and a variety of systems
• Workplace or volunteering experience
• Using databases and mailing lists
• Knowledge of marketing within the Arts/Cultural/Heritage sector
How you will work
MGS has a behavioural competency framework which describes how we expect people to go about their work day-to-day. Staff must demonstrate the following skills areas at an appropriate level:
• Works collaboratively
• Communicating with impact
• Respect, inclusion and integrity
• Effective decision-making
• Sector focus
• Drive for results
• Innovation, agility and building capability
In particular this role requires someone who works well in a team, conveys energy and enthusiasm about their work, can communicate confidently and effectively with different audiences, organises and plans work effectively, readily contributes ideas and welcomes opportunities to develop their own skills
Closing date: Wednesday 31st July at 9 a.m.
Interviews are due to be held on the week commencing 12th August.
How to Apply
1. Download and complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
2. Submit your application form through our online portal at: https://museumsgalleriesscotland.breathehr.com/recruitment/vacancies/5003
Please note that we can not accept CVs or applications that do not contain the official application form.
Full job information and the application form are available to download at the bottom of this page.
MGS welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is an equal opportunities employer. We hold Living Wage and Investors in People accreditation.
Job specification and application pack
Digital Marketing Modern Apprenticeship Application Form
Job Information Digital Marketing Modern Apprentice