About the Event
Would you like to borrow objects from National Museums Scotland’s collections? Are you unsure where to start? Would you like some advice?
National Museums Scotland’s outgoing loans programme is an important part of their national work. Many objects from the collection are on long-term loan throughout Scotland, whilst many more are made available for short-term loan every year. This workshop will provide a basic introduction to applying for a loan from National Museums Scotland. It will concentrate on offering practical advice, sharing top tips on how to be successful with a loan application and providing information on sources and networks for further support.
Topics covered will include...
- How to make a loan application, including scheduling, costs, identifying objects and completing the application form
- Insurance, security, display and condition requirements and facilities reports
- The role of the courier and installation of the loans
- Ongoing monitoring, security and returning the loans
Following this workshop participants should...
- Have an overview of what is required in advance of a loan request from National Museums Scotland
- Be aware of issues surrounding security, display and condition assessment
- Know what to do to prepare for loans in advance of installation
- Be aware of further resources in relation to loans
For further information on this course please contact Fiona Thornton, National & International Partnerships Officer, National Museums Scotland email@example.com | 0131 247 4024Register online