About the Event
This meeting is open to representatives of all Subject Specialist Networks and similar groups with some representation in Scotland (or who wish to attract members in Scotland).
The bi-annual meeting of SSN representatives provides a place for SSNs to share expertise, experience, future plans, and to identify potential paths of collaboration.
There will be updates from featured SSNs, including:
- Scottish Contemporary Art Network’s Contemporary Leadership in Collections programme;
- Folklore Museums Network;
- The Decolonial Practice SSN;
- the Subject Specialist Network Consortium.
This will be followed by discussions and the chance to update other members of the group.
Attendees will be asked to consider,
- How has your SSN been utilised by members?
- Has the support your SSN offers changed due to the pandemic?
- How has membership of your SSN been affected?
- How has your specialism changed or been affected (e.g. are collections more at risk, have specialist roles been maintained?).
Depending on numbers, discussions will take place in a group or in randomly selected virtual 'breakout rooms'.