About the Event
MGS is working with the City of Glasgow College to deliver project management course through The Flexible Workforce Development Fund . This course is open anyone working or volunteering in the Scottish museum and gallery sector and is interested in finding out more about the fundamentals of project management.
This two-day course will cover the principles of project management. It shall cover the theory relating to the items below incorporating practical exercises and project management tools.
- Understand what is meant by project management.
- Explore the benefits of developing project management skills.
- Identify the phases of a project’s life cycle.
- Apply a simple lifecycle to a project to break it in into easily manageable phases.
- Identify various project planning tools.
- Discuss the importance of completing projects on time and on budget.
- Understand the stages involved in project report writing.
Time & Date
The 7th and 14th May 9.30am to 4.30pm approx. with suitable time away from the computer to avoid screen fatigue.
LOCATION OF DELIVERY
This course will be delivery online. Full instructions will be given on application.
This course is free of charge to people working or volunteering in the Scottish museum or gallery sector who meet the following criteria:
- Employers with fewer than 250 employees (SME)
To prove SME status, the Scottish Funding Council will accept the following documents:
- A business bank account
- VAT registration
- PAYE registration
- Companies House info (latest accounts, etc.)
- Registration for self-assessment tax return (HMRC)
We encourage more than one person to attend per organisation to maximise the benefit of this opportunity.
Bespoke organisation wide courses can be delivered through the Flexible Workforce development Fund, please enquire about these on application.
To book onto this course or to find out more about the flexible workforce development fund or to enquire about bespoke courses please contact:
Hugh Griffin, Hugh.Griffin@cityofglasgowcollege.ac.uk
Sharon Mackin, firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister online