We have created this website in a way that means that the widest possible audience can benefit from its content. Physical Access information for visiting our office can be found on our Contact Us page.
We have created this website in a way that means that the widest possible audience can benefit from its content. We continue to improve the site to suit different user needs. This page has information on the accessibility standards of our site and ways it can be adjusted to meet your needs. We do not use built-in accessibility tools or software overlays on the website. We feel it is important to support everyone’s choice of personal device settings and assistive technologies. This site was built to be accessible with common assistive technologies.
Please contact us if you are unable to access any content on our website and we will provide you with an accessible alternative.
You can email us at Inform@MuseumsGalleriesScotland.org.uk or phone us on 0131 550 4100.
Accessibility of this website
Our website is built on WordPress. We have used guidelines from the World Wide Web Consortium (WC3) to influence how the site looks and works. The pages on this website meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA standard.
The site is designed to be responsive. This means the content scales to the size of device screen or browser window. You can zoom in and out and you can view fonts at larger sizes. We also use colours that contrast to stand out against each other.
My Computer, My Way has free guidance on how to customise your computer or device to suit your needs. The guides help you take advantage of accessibility tools that are built into computers and mobile devices. These guides help you to adapt your technology to make it easier to use all websites.
On the site you can:
- Navigate the menus and additional functionality without a mouse using assistive technology
- Zoom in on content to increase the font size
- Watch or listen to media with captions or a transcript
- We use Adobe PDFs and Microsoft documents on the site. Sometimes they aren’t fully accessible
- Third party embedded video and audio players can sometimes be difficult to use with assistive technology
- All videos embedded on the site have captions but are not audio descriptive. We are working to provide a transcript with our videos
- Some of the third party digital services we use with the website can be difficult to use with assistive technology. We will always provide an alternative to using this software
We welcome and encourage feedback from our website users to continue to improve the service.
You can contact us:
By telephone on 0131 550 4100 during UK office hours.
By email at Inform@MuseumsGalleriesScotland.org.uk